Dentists often evoke frightening images: the sound of a dental drill, the taste of the mouth mirror. And the pain of the dental syringe. It scares kids and elders alike. To make the profession concomitant with friendlier imagery. A Portland family dentist encourages not merely the exhibition of the finest dental services, but also an amiable atmosphere that is appealing to all ages.
What is Portland family dentistry?
The Portland family dentistry is defined by a particular team of erudite, practiced, and well-wrought dentists. Who offers an expansive range of services that meet the needs of their client’s entire family. It is advanced in its equipage and sublime in its manners. They proffer same-day dentistry, treat urgent dental appointments on the first basis, and are open to hours that suit the needs of their clients. They are able to perform almost all treatments in-house, without the need for inconvenient outside referrals. Ranging from something as simple as a routine check-up to something as complicated as braces.
What services do they provide?
- Probing into the past, The treatment is predicated on the medical history of the client. Hence, the team first engages their client in a formal interview and note down their medical history. Including previous surgeries or dental processes they might’ve undergone, and medical conditions you may have.
- X-rays: During the first appointment, clients are expected to give X-rays. These X-rays ensure that the team is well acquainted with the bone structures, dental conditions. And previous dental endeavors (if any.)
- Teledentistry: A smartphone, tablet, or laptop can be used to come in contact with dentists virtually. Online appointments can be scheduled and online advice can be sought as well.
- Other services: The Portland family dentist deals with all sorts of treatments, ranging from routine checks and cleans, teeth whitening, kids Dentistry, and dentures to more sophisticated treatments like Braces, Oral Surgery, extractions, implants, root canals, and Wisdom teeth removal.
- Treatment plan: At the completion of your first visit, the dentist forms a treatment plan to dispense the best of dental health, which includes routine cleaning with hygienists recommended by the dentists themselves.
- Cordiality: The friendly and propitious staff doesn’t burden their clients with too much at the same time. Their plans are flexible and easy to follow; their staff is resourceful, which keeps the clients informed of their upcoming visits, the outcome of the previous visits, and beneficial advice betwixt the two.
How are emergency appointments catered?
When attending an emergency appointment, the Portland family dentist will pay special attention to locating and treating the source of the problem. Normally, since the situation is critical, there is a high probability that it may become imperative to remove the tooth causing the pain. Yet, all possible options and treatments are discussed with the client before any plan is put to action. Sometimes, the tooth is knocked out. Luckily, this instance is easier to deal with since the dentist may be able to reinsert the tooth.
However, the success of this action is contingent on how soon the emergency appointment is received by the client and the condition of the knocked-out tooth. If possible, then the tooth will be attached using a splint. Which will be removed once the treatment is completed a few weeks later. If a knocked-out tooth cannot be saved. Then treatment options will be discussed such as an implant or bridge.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency and wish for an urgent dental appointment, the dentists aim to contact you on the same day and will always make sure that you receive an appointment within 24 hours. During the week there are always dedicated appointments for on-the-day emergencies.