If you are looking for ways to transfer Mac Mail to Windows Outlook, you can do it easily by following this article. All it requires is to export the Mac Mail emails in an MBOX file, and then convert this file into PST which is an Outlook data file.
Mac Mail & MS Outlook are both major email clients of the Mac OS. Mac Mail is free of cost and comes preinstalled on your Mac device, whereas, MS Outlook is a commercial email client that you need to install. Among these two, MS Outlook is more preferred because of its advanced features, usability, and secured updates. Users are migrating in large numbers to Mac Outlook from Mac Mail for its compatibility with Office 365 and Exchange.
Mac Mail uses MBOX file format to save its data, while Outlook uses its data file i.e., PST to save emails, contacts, calendars, etc. To be able to send the data to Outlook, one must convert the MBOX file to PST format. There is another manual way too for performing this task. We describe both of the methods in this article for you to explore.
How to Transfer Mac Mail to Windows Outlook?
The manual way is described below:
- Create a Yahoo mail account and launch Mac Mail
- Navigate to Preferences and click on Accounts to go to the Accounts tab.
- Click on the ‘+’ sign and give your full name, yahoo email ID, & its password.
- Now type imap.mail.yahoo.com in the incoming mail server & give ID & password. Click on Continue.
- In the outgoing mail server, write smtp.mail.yahoo.com and give credentials. Select Continue.
- User’s information will open up, verify it and click on Create.
- Now, move the Mac Mail emails to this Yahoo email folder.
- After doing so, launch Outlook and click on Tools > Accounts.
- From the bottom left of the screen, click on the ‘+’ sign and choose “Other Emails”.
- Enter the email address & add the following information:
Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port – 993
Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port – 465 or 587
Requires SSL – Yes
- Click on Add Account & Continue on the dialog box.
Automatic Way of Transferring Mac Mail into Windows Outlook
SysTools offers free tool to convert MBOX to PST is the best software for performing this migration task automatically. The manual way is too complex to run and any novice user can get confused. Therefore, one must go for the professional software that does this transferring part automatically.
You simply have to launch this tool, add MBOX files into it and convert them to PST. After that, import that PST file into MS Outlook where you can freely use this data. It supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and other versions.
- Converts emails and their attachments to Outlook
- Exports orphan MBOX files to the PST format
- Does not require MS Outlook installation
- Supports bulk conversion of the Mac Mail files
- Can convert the files into multiple formats
Read More: Repair PST File Without Scanpst
In this article, we have seen how to transfer Mac Mail to Windows Outlook. Users can find two different methods here i.e., manual and automated. They can opt for any of the ways as desired. But of them are tried & tested, however, the professional software provides an advantage over the other because of its advanced features.