The practice of wheel chair yoga is very useful for disabled and old people, you can practice these yoga asanas while sitting in a wheel chair.
Yoga is of great importance in everyone’s life, regular practice of yoga not only keeps your body healthy but also protects you from diseases. Regular yoga practice is also very useful for a person’s mental health. But it happens to many people that their circumstances become a hindrance in this work. Disabled people have to face many difficulties in practicing yoga, while it is very difficult for old people to practice yoga. People with disabilities or people who are physically disabled due to age can practice wheelchair yoga to practice yoga. Wheel chair yoga is only for those people who are handicapped and due for some reason are not able to practice yoga normally. Let’s know about it.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you should attend the Retreat for Depression.
1. Uttanasana or Seated Forward Bend:
Forward Bend Pose is a variation of Uttanasana. This asana can be easily done by sitting on a chair. The practice of this yoga asana is considered very beneficial for the stomach, back, neck, and internal organs of the body. You can follow the steps given below to practice Forward Bend Pose.
- Sit comfortably in the wheelchair and breathe deeply.
- Then move the hands upwards as much as possible.
- And now bring both your hands down while exhaling and take the body as low as you can.
- Then stay in this position for some time and then sit straight.
You practice this 4 to 5 times. And you can easily practice this asana while sitting in a wheelchair. For those who have more stomachs, its practice can be a little difficult.
2. Eagle Pose (Seated Eagle Pose):
Eagle pose i.e. Garudasana can be practiced easily while sitting in a wheelchair. This is a very useful asana for the upper body, shoulders, and back. Follow these steps to practice it.
- While sitting in a wheelchair, twist your hands together.
- And after that move, the hands in the upward direction and during this breathe in.
- And while exhaling, bring the hands to the normal posture.
- Practice this 4 to 5 times.
3. Leg Stretch:
The practice of Leg Stretch yoga posture is very beneficial for the lower part of the body. And to strengthen the legs and strengthen the muscles, leg stretches should be practiced. Follow these steps to practice it.
- Step your left foot up.
- Keeping the knee banded, place the sole of the foot on the wheelchair.
- And then stay in this position for a while and then repeat the same process with the other leg.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you can enroll in the 300 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh.
The practice of the above-mentioned yoga asanas is very useful for old people and disabled people. But while practicing it, necessary precautions should be taken care of. These yoga asanas should not be practiced if there is any kind of problem. Disabled and old people should practice this under the supervision of a person.