INSTALLATION OF PROFESSIONAL FLOORING ON THE ROOF: INSTALLATION RULES
When it comes to suburban construction, the range of roof materials used is wider compared to the construction of multi-story residential and non-residential buildings. Popular in this area for many years is corrugated board, as the most optimal material. The desire to reduce costs during construction is a popular topic of our time, although the role of professionals with the complication of technologies and materials is increasing.
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DECIDED TO RISK:
The first thing to start with is to prepare a roofing pie in order to protect the space under the roof from the formation and accumulation of condensate;
Decking is attached to the crate;
Learn More: Reparacion Tejados Palencia
The main thing that also needs to be done when starting independent roofing work is to carefully study the instructions attached to the material! It is the study of instructions that always distinguishes a responsible approach to any business.
If you do not have enough experience but have self-confidence, invite an assistant – it will be easier and more reliable. Yes, and lifting the corrugated board alone is inconvenient and difficult.
Probably, before starting work on the installation of the corrugated board, it will need to be carefully cut according to the required length and width of the sheet. In a word, prepare the sheets themselves.
WHAT TO CUT
For cutting, most often they use a hacksaw for metal, which is the best option since the upper protection of the profiled sheet is not damaged during cutting. However, such a tool is not suitable in cases where it is required to obtain curved cuts. In this case, it is better to use an electric jigsaw, which makes it possible to obtain the required forms with high-quality cuts, but at the same time requires work skills!
An angle grinder with a disc designed for cutting this particular material is also popular.
Before starting the “cutting” of the profiled sheet, use special paint in the places of cuts.
SIMPLE INSTALLATION RULES
Before proceeding with the installation, remember:
- If the roof slopes up to 15°, the overlap should be between 20 and 25 cm;
- In the case when the slope is more than 15 °, the overlap is at least 10 cm;
- Decking requires the processing of joints with sealants, mastics, or sealants;
- The place where the overlap is carried out, a sheet is fixed on the crate in the lower part of the wave;
- The very first sheet is attached from the side of the end;
- In the case of capillary grooves, they are laid in series so that they are connected;
- The first sheets are fastened with one self-tapping screw from the side of the ridge;
- After the sheets are aligned along the edge of the eaves, they are fixed with self-tapping screws.
From the point of view of a professional, the task of creating such a roof does not seem too complicated in terms of technology. But for a person with no experience, this can become a “job without a guarantee”, so think it over well before making a decision!