Interior designers are people who give a modern and new touch to the interiors of your space. Interior designing is the concept that equips a professional to study space and modify it in such a way that it becomes functional, engaging, and attractive. These days nobody likes to have an empty wall, so an interior designer turns an empty canvas into a living piece of art.
Principles of interior designing
The most common principles of interior designing that you should know about are given below.
- Unity and Harmony- The main role of the interior designer is to create unity and harmony amongst everything. He has to think of the house as a totality. He has to link a series of spaces linked together by halls and stairways.
- Balance- Balance means to create an equal distribution of visual weight in a room. The three types of balance include-
3. Rhythm- Just like in the field of music, there is a rhythm in everything. In the same way, there has to be a rhythm in visuals used in interior designing. Some related elements to rhythm include-
- Repetition- It is the use of the same element throughout the space. You can repeat a color, texture, pattern, or any other element.
- Transition- It includes a smoother flow of one thing into another.
- Contrast- When you place one thing opposite to another, it is called a contrast. The most common example here is the use of black and white pillows on a sofa.
- Progression- When you take an element and try to increase or decrease its qualities, it is called progression. A great example here is the combination of candles of varying sizes on a simple tray.
4. Details- An interior designer has to take infinite pain in details. Everything from placing a lampshade to handling cupboards, interior designing requires to look at each thing in detail.
5. Focal points- A well-designed space has a focal point. It is created to draw the attention of the viewer so that it can create a lasting impression on him.
Advantages of hiring an interior designer
No matter how knowledgeable you are, you cannot beat what a professional interior designer brings to the table. Here are some advantages of hiring an interior designer.
- Interior design experts- When you hire a professional designer, you do a background check and take reviews about him from other clients. This allows you to hire the best in the field.
- Personalized services- Your home should be the expression of your unique taste. The best designer ensures that your house design reflects your distinct tastes. He helps you in everything from creating furniture to picking up the best lighting. A designer has a sense of everything.
- End-to-end service- An interior designer helps you get your dream house. You can simply relax by hiring an interior designer. He takes care of everything from concept creation to planning to execution. He offers you end-to-end services.
- Signature walls- Walls have a language of their own. An interior designer understands this. He helps you in creating beautiful walls that might have textured finishes, your memorial photographs, or your favorite paint. These walls elevate the look of your interiors in one go.
- 3D visualization- Sometimes an interior designer is unable to make you understand his thought process. This is when the role of 3D visualization comes into play. It is a great way to see how your space can turn out and you can make any changes before the actual design work begins. So, Only modern and well-updated designers can help you with a 3D design.
- Project management- A professional designer dedicates a project manager who is in charge of managing your home renovation process. Also, He oversees that the work has been completed on time and makes sure that the workflow is seamless.
- Invests in furniture- Choosing the right furniture is a tedious job. So, A professional interior designer helps you select the best furniture for your home. In case he doesn’t like ready-made furniture, he customizes it so that it can suit your needs. Not just this, he also helps you to pick up matching carpets, rugs, curtains, and cushions so that you don’t feel that the designer has abandoned you in the middle of the work. Also, He gives you a complete house.
Interior designing is a vast field. The best interior designers design the house perfectly that suits your lifestyle. Also, A great designer merges his ideas with the vision of the client. He understands that creating your space is close to your heart so he includes that personal touch in the design by understanding you better. In case you are planning to get your space decorate, you should always consider hiring the best interior designer in town. Talk to him about your budget and his fees before finalizing him.